Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Starting simple.

I'm just starting out simply. I'm learning how to use this site and trying to create a decent and acceptable design. Right now, my cat is sleeping on my arm, disabling a typing hand... but I decided on a picture to post and discuss...

Photobucket

This is a large window in my living room. After creating this site, I sat out to take some new photos to post and this is the first picture from that session. When I moved into this apartment the landlady told me that this window used to be stained glass. I immediately thought, "What a pity." Times and styles change. This window, long and thin, has mantle full of photos of family and friends resting just beneath it. But what does the window portray? The lines that separate the glass and the grooves in between offer a distorted view, almost that vertical imprisonment. A sense of wonder of the clarity of the outside world is evoked. What is just past the grooves in the glass? It is just out of focus from the inside. It leaves the outside world up to imagination and we can make whatever we want out of it. Just above pictures depicting the world, the window gives up ambiguity and imagination to the wondering eye. What do you see?

0 comments:

About This Blog

Work in progress.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by The World's Hardest Game

Back to TOP