Sunday, July 5, 2009

Slacking... kind of.

I don't feel like I am slacking. I feel like I am exhausted. I have really thrown myself into photography and I am loving every minute of my creative experience with this medium of the arts. I'm not going to post a photo today. I will later this week. I have been doing so much work with my photography that I am finding less time than I expected to dedicated to this blog. I invested a lot of time in shooting a wedding and editing those photos over the past week, I think the photos turned out really well for my first wedding shoot. I'll share later. However, instead of analyzing a photograph and discussing its meaning, I am going to share a story about how connected and... well, funny, people can be.

A few weeks ago, I was running up the stairs to catch the train. The doors closed right in my face. And I mean right in my face. I was going to be late for class and I looked away from the train, obviously with some sort of distress portrayed in my face. Suddenly to doors opened and I turned back to the train and a man in a blue and orange baseball shirt had pulled the lever to let me in. Now, I've seen this happen before when a person has gotten on a train going the wrong way and pulled the lever to get off etc. and the doors shut and the train pulled away from the station.

However, in this case, the train was not moving, and a message over the speaker system said we were being delayed due to mechanical malfunctions... The conductor walked back through each car until he came to ours and realized that it was indeed our car that had pulled the lever. The man that actually pulled the lever was still standing under it. The conductor then began to interrogate the passengers, "Who pulled this lever? Who pulled this lever down? Nobody knows? Who pulled this lever?" The man who actually pulled the lever just shrugged his shoulders and the rest of the passengers showed no signs of life. Until....... one passenger, sitting in the middle of the car said loudly, "I pulled the lever." Another passenger then yelled, "No, I pulled the lever!' And another, "No, I pulled the lever!" Like the scene straight out of Spartacus. The conductor got mad and went back to the front of the train. The entire train car erupted with laughter. I kind of scared because the conductor was being quite hostile, but i couldn't help but laugh hysterically... and I even made it to class on time.



True story. I know it has nothing to do with photography, but I found this situation to be out of the ordinary, especially for being in the big city. I have always had the impression and felt disconnected from other people in the city, but that moment on the train really refreshing.

0 comments:

About This Blog

Work in progress.

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by The World's Hardest Game

Back to TOP